The Doha Corniche is an exceptional area in Qatar for intensive sport, relaxed walking and enjoying view. Basically, it is a half moon shaped waterfront promenade which connects Sheraton Hotel all the way to the Museum of Islamic Art or simply MIA.
This picture was taken from a traditional Arabic boat called dhow on a sunny Friday, giving an excellent panorama of the West Bay district.
Another lovely view on the West Bay from the middle part of the Corniche promenade spiced up with a local greenery.
- Every side of the Corniche provides different view. This picture shows how harmonious coincide the future and the past in Qatar now: traditional Arabic boats dhows drifting near the Corniche on the futuristic background with the breathtaking architecture of eye catching skyscrapers.
- The 61st floor, hot Doha night, relaxed atmosphere, great music and all the capital is literary on the palm of your hand - yes, it is the famous Z Lounge at Kempinski Residence & Suites right in the heart of West Bay.
- St Regis Hotel Doha
While walking slowly along Porto Arabia on the Pearl of Qatar, sometimes suddenly you can run across magnificient view of a luxury hotel view, sprinkled with the hundreds of city lights.
- St. Regis hotel lobby classical car
There is always a place for a touch of retro style in modern Doha.
- You can truly be enchanted with those reflections in the water of marina.
- Classical view of a pedestrian on the Pearl of Qatar
- Luxury and inner peace
- There are places in Qatar which remind us about the past of this region and show us how the new generation respects their traditions.
- Souq Waqif is a truly unique place in Qatar, where you can literary get into the time machine and experience traditional Doha.
- It is one of the places where men gather at modern majlis, merchants sell all kinds of souvenirs, gold. fabrics and even pieces of art; here you can enjoy a nice meal or simply walk around to feel this unique atmosphere.
- Shadowy shelter to escape from the sun.
- When the sun goes down...
- ... the street gets busier.
- Many places to enjoy delicacies.
- It is very popular among the expats.
- Local pottery and even souvenir weapons.
- Fabrics from China, India and Pakistan.
- This place reveals its charm in the evening.
- A cafe with the harmonious mixture of the modern and the traditional styles.
- Fanar - Qatar Islamic Cultural Center.